Resume is a self-recommendation from the specialist placed on the one page; description of his strong features, presenting him to the company while applying for the job.
Job ID: 101
Available from 06/01/2011 to 09/30/2011
Name: Ekaterina Ivanova
Address: 29-403, Penza-7 Penza RUSSIA
Date of birth: 13 August 1991
Marital status: Single
2007 - to present, The Penza State University of Architecture and Construction, Russia.
2002 - 2007, School №44, Penza, Russia.
2000 - 2002, School №36, Irkutsk, Russia.
1997 - 2000, Municipal Classical Gymnasium №1, Penza, Russia.
December 2009 - to present, "Emerald city", Cashier, Penza, Russia
July - August, 2008, Sandwich Lodge & Resort, Housekeeper, CA, USA
June - July, 2008, IHOP, Hostess, CA, USA
September - October, 2007, Club "Kaliostro", Barman, Penza, Russia
January - October, 2006, Mall "Magnet", Promoter, Penza, Russia
English - very good
German - conversational
OTHER SKILLS & OCCUPATIONS
Experience of computing: MS Office (Word, Excel), Power Point, Internet Explorer.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Among my interests I can name drawing, sewing, reading, swimming and dancing.
How to increase the chances to obtain the job:
- Add 3-4 photos to the CV: first as for the passport, the other ones - random, the best from the students' personal collection. Do not forget to smile on the photos! :-D
- Upload your 1-2 minutes video on youtube: clearly tell your name and mention the most important facts from your resume. Try to speak more about you past work experience and do not forget to smile! :-) See examples of video resumes.
- Work experience: it is better to emphasize on the work experience in the consumers services, such as housekeeper, waiter/waitress, kitchen staff, etc. Unfortunately the seasonal employers are not interested much in your past office positions experience. Therefore you may actually not even mention such experience, but better be more specific about your functions and responsibilities on your past services sector jobs.
- Friend groups: we recommend to avoid having big friend groups. 2-3 persons in a group is the maximum. But the employers are often more willing to hire the students one by one. The pairs of the same gender are hired more often. It is usually a problem to find the employer who is willing to hire big groups.
- Cover Letter: write a cover letter, add it in the section Additional Comments. Look at some examples of compiling cover letter here.